So, in order to make 2011 as amazing as it can be, I've got some life-improvement projects I've been eyeing. Let's not call them "resolutions," though - using words like that with a Type-A perfectionist is a recipe for disaster.
My LIPs for the coming year (oh, how I love a good acronym!):
1) Cook more: The whole diabetic vegetarian thing makes meal-planning a little tricky - balancing my carb and protein intake has never been so complicated! By the end of the year, I want to feel confident cooking at least 20 new veggie meals (beyond my chili, quinoa, and diabetic pasta staples).
We tried this Spinach-Cheese bake recipe for Christmas - DELICIOUS.
2) Join a gym: Clichéd? Absolutely. But in the past month, I've seen my daily basal rate increase by more than 10% and that trend just can't be allowed to continue unabated. I'm hoping to keep an iron-fisted grip on my insulin efficacy...and I'm ridiculously, nerdily excited about watching Dex during and after a workout.
3) Read more: My overstuffed bookshelves will thank me. It may be a job hazard, but that doesn't mean it's okay to act like a hoarder.
And these are just two of the five we have....
4) Write more: I don't know that I'm a daily poster (you would all be bored to tears if I wrote that often), but I do need to write more consistently. Hmm. Perhaps following in Holly's footsteps with D365 would be a nice place to start!
5) Karen dates: I am never happier, calmer, or more grounded than when I'm between freelance jobs and not in a deadline crunch at work - and what makes me feel like that? Having the free time to read what I want, bake something for B to bring to work, putter around the house, gab on the phone with my mom or sister, paint my toenails, dust the living room, browse around Target...any one of a million things that seem inconsequential until you find you don't have the time to enjoy them. If I carve out time to spend futzing around and hanging out with myself, it'll pay me back with interest.
I have more LIPs on the back-burner, of course, which I'm sure you'll be hearing all about in excruciating detail. But for now, five seems like a nice solid number to start the year off right....
Welcome, 2011! I'm so very glad to meet you.